Applications are invited for Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship programme for the academic year 2018-2019. Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate (BA/BSc), master (MA/MSc) or doctoral degree programme.
The aim of the programme is to promote cultural understanding, economic and political relations between Hungary and other countries. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students. Currently, 41 sending partners are engaged in the programme.
Applicants are eligible to apply only if they meet the minimum language criteria set by the chosen host higher education institution. For study programmes in English language, students shall have a level of English proficiency required by the host institution. Study programmes in Hungarian language students shall participate in a one-year preparatory Hungarian language course before starting their higher education studies.
Application deadline: February 16, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate (BA/BSc), master (MA/MSc) or doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships subjects vary from country to country.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the followings:
- Tuition-free education
Exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
Non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
Doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies. Please see details in section 1.2.1.
- Accommodation contribution
Free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.
- Medical insurance
Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in Hungary
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Foreign Students can apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a
- English Language Requirements: Applicants are eligible to apply only if they meet the minimum language criteria set by the chosen host higher education institution. Study programmes in English language: students shall have a level of English proficiency required by the host institution. Study programmes in Hungarian language: students shall participate in a one-year preparatory Hungarian language course before starting their higher education studies. In addition to the Hungarian language, subjects related to the chosen field of studies will also be taught in Hungarian. Study programmes in other languages: students shall have a level of proficiency in the language of the study programme required by the host institution.
- Applicants can apply via online mode.
How to Apply:
- The applicants must fill out and save all requested information on the online application form in English language
- A recent photo of the applicant (taken not earlier than 2 years before the submission of the application must also be uploaded)
- Those who apply for partial (exchange) studies must clearly state the length (1 or 2 semesters) and start date (September of February) of the studies they apply for! All applicants
- Motivation Letter
- Minimum 1 page, typed with Times New Roman 12 point font size letters
- Written in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian all applicants
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Scanned copy of the original proof of language proficiency, with a minimum level determined by the Host Institution AND their translations
- School certificates and their translations bachelor level full time programmes: scanned copy of the original secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent AND their translations